Kokua:Release Notes/Kokua Release/126.96.36.199000
RELEASE NOTES Kokua 4.1.2
Kokua-4.1.2 is a maintenance release with upstream Second Life Release 4.1.2 applied plus a few crash fixes from the SL viewer-neko track.
If you want the OpenSim viewer download links are at http://team-purple.sourceforge.net/wiki/Kokua/Downloads#Kokua_Viewer_for_Logging_on_to_OpenSim_Grids
- For Linux; Drakeo provided an update to the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) libraries.
- Updated Kokua release icons across all platforms.
- Added Windows build instructions to README and README.MD files.
- Adjusted ObjectMeshDetail LOD max to 8 as it was in past versions.
- On macOS the system font Menlo is now used as the fixed size font.
- Multiple chances to OpenGL configuration and memory management have improved stability to most scenes with ambient occlusion or shadows turned on when running on macOS 10.11 or 10.12.
- Pie menu "Sit here" response ignores llSetSitText(string)- Ticket #440
- Enabling shadows will reset the GPU on macOS systems in scenes with a moderate to large amount of mesh.
- Mesh deformation of feet with Kokua and RLV when using Utilizatior Mesh Avatar - Ticket #332
- Linux CEF fails when used on some linux distributions. - Ticket #389
- Linux has the ability to use VLC plugins but it is not implemented. Tried and true gstreamer is set in mime_types_linux.xml. Experimenters may switch from gstreamer to libvlc.
REFERENCES TO UPSTREAM RELEASE NOTES
SecondLife: SL Maintenance Release http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/188.8.131.521518
RLV: Upstream RLV version 184.108.40.206 http://realrestraint.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/rlv-29202.html