Kokua:Release Notes/KokuaOS Release/220.127.116.11653
RELEASE NOTES KokuaOS 4.1.0
This is the initial release of the OpenSim version of the Kokua viewer.
The reason for this release – which is different from the SecondLife version of the viewer, is that Linden Lab is making a large number of infrastructure changes
that does not translate to OpenSim grids. These changes are accompanied with significant changes to the viewer code, have become unwieldily to keep one viewer.
Of course the advantage of splitting the viewer for a pure SecondLife and Opensim version is that we can focus on the strengths and differences of
the two grid platforms, while still keep as much commonality as possible with respect to content and usage.
So what is the BIG DIFFERENCE? – You may have guessed it: – We did not add JELLYDOLLS to the OpenSim version!
- The Visual Outfit Browser will let you create, pick and manage outfits from a gallery
- Media content is handled with the VLC plugin on Windows, while the macOS version still uses QuickTime
- Media content on Linux remains with Gstreamer, but can be switched to VLC by editing skins/mime_types_linux.xml
- You can upload and play back sounds of up to 60 seconds
- The macOS version now use a gamma of 2.2 which improves tonal range of the scene.
- You can test and adjust voice microphone and volume without an active session
- Almost complete localization of the viewer to German
- Added functionality in support of the OpenSim Export function
- There is no support for jellydolls whatsoever!
REFERENCES TO UPSTREAM RELEASE NOTES
SecondLife: OpenSim version cherry picks these releases. HTTP Infrastructure https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/18.104.22.1682816 SL Maintenance Release https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/22.214.171.1244579 (Not Impelemented) Graphics Presets and Avatar Rendering Cost (Jelly Dolls) https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/126.96.36.1995117 (Not Impelemented) SL Maintenance Release (Infrastructure Removal) https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/188.8.131.525555 SL Maintenance Release https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/184.108.40.2068301 Visual Outfit Browser https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/220.127.116.119463 Media Plugin Updates https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/18.104.22.1689856
RLV: Upstream RLV version 22.214.171.124 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/03/rlv-29161.html Upstream RLV version 2.9.17 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/04/rlv-2917.html Upstream RLV version 2.9.18 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-2918.html Upstream RLV version 126.96.36.199 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-29181.html Upstream RLV version 188.8.131.52 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-29182.html Upstream RLV version 2.9.19 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-2919.html Upstream RLV version 184.108.40.206 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-29191.html Upstream RLV version 220.127.116.11 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/07/rlv-29192.html Upstream RLV version 18.104.22.168 http://realrestraint.blogspot.com/2016/09/rlv-2920.html
KOKUA TEAM CONTRIBUTIONS AND FIXES
- Marine Kelly RLV is updated to version 22.214.171.124
- Added a preference choice to enable / disable RLV without having the Advanced menu active
- The macOS version now use a gamma of 2.2 which improves tonal range of the scene. System gamma of 1.8 has not been used by Apple since macOS 10.6.
- The Advanced and Develop menus have been updated with new functionality and more relevant HUDs
- Most menu items with SecondLife specific functionality has been deactivated.
- Improvements to voice floaters and functionality
- Improvements to media playback functionality, also in the chat / IM floater
- Improvements to mesh upload
- The viewer now support macOS 10.12 while minimum requirement is macOS 10.9
- Improvements to both the world map and mini map.
- The built in AO now will show which animation is playing.
- macOS send and receive buffer size has been increased for better network performance
- The viewer will now correctly interpret time stamps sent from grids with non-US date / time locales
- Some changes to the graphics preferences layout in support of adding presets in the next version
- Numerous fixes to mesh uploads
- Bug fixes for math functions
- Many fixes to texture handling
- The default permissions settings now work correctly
- Many fixes for macOS memory management
- Many fixes for macOS rendering
- Many fixes to improve Linux support
- Many fixes for improved Windows 10 support
- Multiple issues, glitches and crashes in the User Interface has been fixed
- Many sections of the code-base have been updated with more recent, better performing or more reliable code (baselining with most recent Linden code).
- All references to Solaris has been removed from the code base.
- Standard OpenSim Library folders are now recognised by the viewer (all of them)
- The Mac version will now use macOS system services to fetch the version of macOS the viewer is running on
- Enabling shadows will reset the GPU on macOS systems in scenes with a moderate to large amount of mesh.
- Mesh deformation of feet with Kokua and RLV when using Utilizatior Mesh Avatar Ticket #332
- Unable to log in to specific "Start at" location Ticket #354
- Texture thrashing may occur at a clean install or settings wipe due to texture memory being set at maximum. This does not occur on all GPU cards. The workaround is simple; Open Preferences->Graphics->Hardware and while observing the scene lower the Texture memory (MB) slider until texture thrashing stops.
- My Suitcase - Opensim [Windows]  Ticket #396
Workaround: Open the Inventory floater. Select the gear menu at bottom left. Uncheck Sort system folders on top. Select the gear menu again. Select Show filters... Check Always show folders. Close the Filters My Suitcase should be present below My Outfits in the inventory list.
- [OpenSim] Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr connections [https://sourceforge.net/p/team-purple/kokua/tickets/343/ Ticket #343
- Above are recent there are many other tickets that need review. There is a vote available for Tickets.